- This event has passed.
Area 51 Fall Committee & Assembly Meeting
November 12 - November 14
ADVANCE HOTEL INFORMATION
Deadline for Reservations: Friday October 15, 2021
Group Reservation Number: 46744
Group Name: North Carolina General Service Committee
Terrace Hotel Room Rates: $146.00 Single/Double, $166.00 Triple, $186.00 Quad
Lambuth Inn Room Rates: $126.00 Single/Double, $141.00 Triple, $156.00 Quad
PLEASE SEE THE BACK FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE DIFFERENT LOCATIONS
AND THE MEAL PLAN
Phone: 800-222-4930, ext. 1
For Best Results:
▪ Call as soon as possible but definitely before the deadline. It’s easier to cancel a
reservation than to get one at the last minute!
▪ Please note, once the rooms in our block sell out, it’s unlikely there will be other
rooms left in the hotel. PLEASE MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS EARLY!!!
▪ Specify the group reservation number “46744” and the group name
“North Carolina General Service Committee”
▪ Be sure to get a confirmation number.
▪ If you have ANY trouble with Room Rate or Availability, please contact Denise M.,
the Area Chair, at email@example.com.
Thank you for your service and support of Area 51.
See you at the Fall Committee and Assembly!
Additional Information for our stay at Lake Junaluska:
▪ The Terrace Hotel is across the street from our meeting venue in the Harrell Center;
the Lambuth Inn is farther away. It is a 10- to 15-minute walk between Lambuth
and Harrell, involving a long hill. There will be a tram operating between the two
buildings that coincides with our schedule.
▪ Optional Meal Plan: If you would like to eat on site, there is a meal plan available.
The options are: 3 meals for $41.00 (Sat Lunch, Sat Dinner; Sun Breakfast) or 5
meals for $68.00 (Fri Dinner; Sat Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner; Sunday Breakfast).
You will need to order the meal plan when you make your reservation. There will
not be tickets available onsite the weekend we are there.
▪ Check in/Check out: Check in will be available at 4:00 PM on the arrival day at
the Bethea Welcome Center located at 91 N Lakeshore Drive (first building on
your left as you enter from Highway 19); check out will be at 11:00 AM on the
▪ The discounted room rates are available for two days pre and post our event, based
on availability, if you would like to plan a long weekend in the mountains.
▪ Commuters: For people attending our meeting, but not staying at Lake Junaluska,
there is a $5.00 per person per day commuter fee.
▪ Cancellations: There will be a $15.00 per person charge for cancellations
occurring more than 15 days prior to arrival. No refunds will be given for
cancellations occuring within 15 days of arrival.
Why staying at our host hotel is important:
The hotels that host Area 51 events typically charge for meeting space based on how many guest
rooms our attendees occupy. For every Assembly, Committee Meeting, and Convention, Area 51 has
a contract that specifies the number of guest rooms the hotel will “block” for our use. If we fill at
least 80% of our room block, our meeting space is free. Otherwise, the Area will be charged for
rooms until we reach the 80% threshold. Free meeting space is what Area 51 budgets and what we
usually achieve. However, more than once we have come up short and paid a steep price.
Area 51 makes every effort to negotiate the most favorable room rates possible. But budget hotels
don’t have the kind of meeting space we require, and space in larger venues is expensive. The
willingness of individuals to attend Area events and to book their rooms at our host hotel is
essential in making Area events affordable at all. So please attend the Area events that you can, and
stay at the host hotel using the group code and name whenever possible. If there is an extra cost,
please consider it as a contribution to Area 51—a small sacrifice for our “common welfare,” so we
can continue meeting and working together to fulfill our Primary Purpose as an Area.